Main Article Content
Indonesian government is focusing on improving the quality and effectiveness of Vocational High Schools (SMK) as mandated in Presidential Instruction No. 9 of 2016. One form of its efforts is to transform SMKs into Regional Public Service Bodies (BLUD). This study aims to design a strategy to increase the effectiveness of SMK-BLUD based on the implementation of school governance (SG) and integrated quality management (TQM). This study uses a quantitative approach using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). Data obtained through the Group Disscusion Forum (FGD) with expert experts. The results of the AHP analysis show that the strategies that can be taken by SMK-BLUDs so that the effectiveness of school management can be implemented maximally is by increasing the implementation of school governance in schools by increasing the criteria for strong and firm leadership in Human Resources (Man) in SMK-BLUD. Meanwhile, based on the results of the analysis of the sub-elements on each element through the ISM, it is considered necessary to improve and improve each sub-element or variable that is at the bottom level first. Then combine the variables at the bottom level with the optimization model that has been analyzed using AHP so that it can improve the performance of variables or sub-elements that are at the bottom level in giving an impact on the variables above it of each element.
- Aina, Q. & Solikin, I. (2020). Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship : How Supporting Corporate Performance. Review of Integrative Busienss & Economic Researches, 9(1), 288–297.
- Almazan, C., Galangue, C., & Bueno, D. (2017). Total Quality Management (TQM) in Practice at a Private Higher Education Institution in the Philippines. International Conference on Law, Business, Education and Corporate Social Responsibility, 46–51. https://doi.org/10.17758/URUAE.UH09171002.
- American Heritage Publishing Company. (2016). The American Heritage Dictionary of The English Language. USA: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Arar, K. & Abu-Romi, A. (2016). School-based management: Arab education system in Israel. Journal of Educational Administration., 54(2), 191–208. https://doi.org/10.1108/JEA-09-2014-0118.
- Beidokhti, A. A., Fathi, K., & Moradi, S. (2016). The Structural Relations of Parameters of School-Based Management Based on Decentralization, Responsibility, Participation, Organizational Culture, and Organizational Commitment. Review of European Studies, 8(2), 159. https://doi.org/10.5539/res.v8n2p159.
- Bandur, A, & Gamage, D. (2014). How did school councils in Indonesia improve teaching/learning environments and student achievements? Journal of Applied Research in Education., 18, 15–28.
- Bandur, A. (2012). School-based management developments : challenges and impacts. Journal of Educational Administration., 50(6), 845–873. https://doi.org/10.1108/09578231211264711
- Bandur, A. (2018). Stakeholders’ responses to school-based management in Indonesia. Journal of Applied Research in Education., 32(6), 1082–1096.
- Felestin, & Triyono, M. (2015). The Implementation of Total Quality Management at vocational high schools in Indonesia. Research and Evaluation in Education Journal., 1(1), 13–24.
- Friana, R., & Indriana, I. (2017). Pengaruh intrapreneurship terhadap kinerja perusahaan manufaktir di Tangerang. Jurnal Manajemen, 19(1), 14. https://doi.org/10.24912/jm.v19i1.102.
- Hasan, K., Islam, M., Shams, A., & Gupta, H. (2018). Total Quality Management (TQM): Implementation in Primary Education System of Bangladesh. International Journal of Research in Industrial Engineering., 7(3), 370–380.
- Hopkins, D. (2012). What we have learnt from school improvement about taking educational reform to scale. School Effectiveness and Improvement Research, Policy and Practice, 4(3).
- Humaedi, M. (2015). Etnografi Bencana: Menakar Peran Para Pemimpin Lokal dalam Pengurangan Resiko Bencana. LKIS.
- Jaya, R. (2016). Teori Stakeholder. Accounting Media, 4–5. www.accounting-media.blogspot.com
- Jabar, C. S. A. (2017). Menjadi Sekolah Yang Mandiri. Jurnal Manajemen Pendidikan. 2, 1-18
- Majeca, M. (2011). Good governance enhance the efficiency and effectiveness public spending-Sub Saharan countries. African Journal of Business Management., 5(11), 3995–3999.
- Moriano, J. A., Molero, F., Topa, G., & Lévy Mangin, J. P. (2014). The influence of transformational leadership and organizational identification on intrapreneurship. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 10(1), 103–119. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11365-011-0196-x.
- Panigrahi, M. (2014). School Effectiveness at Primary Level of Education in Relation to Classroom Teaching. International Journal of Instruction., 7(2), 51–64.
- Purvanova, R. K., Bono, J. E., & Dzieweczynski, J. (2006). Transformational leadership, job characteristics, and organizational citizenship performance. Human Performance, 19(1), 1–22. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327043hup1901_1.
- Saaty, T. L. (2008). Decision making with the analytic hierarchy process. 1(1).
- Sabas, J. & Mokaya, S. O. (2015). The Influence of Governance Systems on Students Performance in Public Secondary Schools in Karatu. International Journal of Science and Research., 5(10), 1595–1598. https://doi.org/10.21275/ART20162481.
- Sadikoglu, E.& Olcay, H. (2014). The Effects of Total Quality Management Practices on Performance and the Reasons of and the Barriers to TQM Practices in Turkey. Hindawi Publishing Corporation., 1–17.
- Shahmohammadi, N. (2018). The Impact of Total Quality Management on the Effectiveness of Educational Programs of Karaj First Grade High Schools. Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research., 8(1), 2433–2437. www.etasr.com
- Sohel-uz-zaman, A. S. & Anjalin, U. (2016). Implementing Total Quality Management in Education : Compatibility and Challenges. Open Journal of Social Sciences., 4, 207–217. https://doi.org/10.4236/jss.2016.411017.
- Suryosubroto. (2012). Hubungan Sekolah dengan Masyarakat. Rineka Cipta.
- Usman, H. (2010). Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah/Madrasah di Abad Ke-21. Jurnal Tenaga Kependidikan, 5(2), 1-15.
- Wani, I. & Mehraj, H. (2014). Total Quality Management in Education:An Analysis. International Journal of Humanities & Social Science Invention, 3(6), 71–78.
- Wibowo, A. & Saptono, A. (2017). Kepemimpinan Intrapreneurship, Budaya Sekolah dan Kinerja Inovasi Guru. Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Dan Bisnis (JPEB), 5(2), 176–193. https://doi.org/10.21009/jpeb.005.2.5.