Peer Review Process
The peer review process is carried out to ensure the quality and substance of articles in published journals. This process is an objective process carried out by the Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan and the review policies as follows:
- Editors conduct an initial evaluation of all newly submitted articles. At this stage, the Editor checks the scope of the journal, plagiarism, and writing guidelines. Articles which does not meet the guidelines, may be rejected at this stage. Articles which are passed the initial reviews, will be sent to two reviewers.
- Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan applies a double-blind review, in which the author does not know who is reviewing and vice versa. This is done to maintain the objectivity.
- Reviewer's assignment of an article is based on consideration of the Reviewer's field of expertise.
- The assigned Reviewers are required to provide feedback/reviews on articles by considering originality, structure and flow of writing, code of ethics for scientific writing, ownership of clear results and supporting conclusions, references to related previous research. Grammar correction is not part of this process, but Reviewers are not prohibited from correcting grammar.
- The review process by the Reviewers may take two weeks. The Reviewer's duties may be transferred if they do not respond within one to two weeks. Reviewers can provide recommendations in the form of "Article accepted", "Minor revision", "Major revision", or "Article rejected". If there is a revision, the author will get a notification to make a revision, which will be sent along with the reviewer's comments via email. The revised results will be re-examined to ensure that the notes from the Reviewers have been carried out properly.
- The final decision in the form of "Article accepted" or "Article rejected" will be sent to the author which may also contain some comments from Reviewers or Editors.
- Before the article is published, the editor may submit a request for correction of the grammar or images used in the article.
- The editor will send a draft of the article to be published along with an authorship approval sheet.